Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Olympus p/s 35/2.8
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 05:41:50 +0100

Daniel's son certainly made good use of the little Olympus.

I have never visited Auschwitz, but it is a place that looms in our
family, since the parents and two sisters of my French uncle died there.
I have just spent 2 weeks in western Poland (pictures to come), a place
where the memories of the war are very much alive. My impression is that
in places like Poland and Germany the war is far from being forgotten.
But you are right that we live in a critical time, when the last of the
people who were there are now in their 70s and older, and it is
important to preserve the memories. It is being done through various
projects, and on a personal level by having older family members write
down their stories and tell them to the grandchildren.

Nathan