Subject: Re: [Leica] Any tips for the Hague in January?
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 05:55:13 +0100

Hi Don,

First, your daughter will have no problem communicating in English--the
Netherlands is the country where people have the most ability to speak
foreign languages of any place I have ever been to. Second, the weather
will likely be awful: temperatures around 0C/32F, rain or drizzle most
of the time, short days. Your daughter may not see the sun the entire
week she is here. There are many good reasons why the Netherlands is a
nice place to live in or to visit, but January weather is not one of
them.

The Hague is a rather sleepy town compared to Amsterdam. I am not
familiar with the club scene there. There is a nice old part of the
center with the usual old houses, narrow streets, canals etc. I would
suspect that she might have more fun if she hops on the train to
Amsterdam.

From a safety point of view, I would not worry much--violent crime here
is low, the main danger is petty theft in Amsterdam.

Contact me off-list if you have any specific questions, or need any
assistance.

Nathan