Subject: Re: [Leica] Jobo Question
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:21:52 +0100

Hi Akhil,

The main benefits of a Jobo are consistency and convenience. The
consistency comes from the temperature control and the agitation. It is
true that continuous agitation is not optimal for every film/developer
combination, but I have found that with modern film and developers, the
benefits of consistent processing far outweigh any disadvantages arising
from the agitation method. You will need to do your own testing to
determine the right times for you, but as a guideline I would start by
reducing the development time by 20% from the time given in the data
sheets.

Nathan