Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealing with Helixcamera.com is over!
From: "Erik van der Meulen" <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:23:14 +0100 (CET)

Erik van der Meulen said:

> After some valuable advice form the list (and pain-seeking hours of
> wading through the list archive), I decided that my kit would live
> inside a Domke J-803. Although some suggestions were made about the
> difficulty in delivering, I found one, ready for on-line ordering on:
>   www.helixphoto.com
> I ordered and payed (Paypal) for this item (USD 98.46, including
> shipping) on Jan-7. After receiving automated replies from both Helix
> and Paypal, things turned silent.

Thanks for all advice from the list. Next time I know where to order ;-)
Just to keep you up-to-date, I have sent the following earlier today to Helix:

> Because you have not responded to my repeated requests (correspondence included)
> regarding my order# 1789-1740-7998, I - once more politely - urge you to do so
> ASAP.
>
> If I have not received a satisfactory response within the next 24 hours, I see
> no other option than:
>
> - Start a 'Buyer Complaint Process' with PayPal. Please refer to their
>   web site for details.
>
> - Report my experiences in the appropriate forums at photo.net and the
>   various photo-related mailing lists that I subscribe to.
>
> Please understand that I have every intention to settle this in a kind and
> friendly manner but find that difficult if all my attempts to do so are
> unanswered.

I promptly received several messages with apologies! Also, they said that the bag is
expected to be available in April, on which I replied that a refund would be
appropriate. Within a minute I received a Paypal confirmation...

The good news (?) is that I am in the market for a camera bag again! Any practical
experiences with Mr. Rich Pinto's recommendation of the Artisan and Artist
alternative?

Thanks again!

- --
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>
  (who promises that his next post will be about Leica photography)