Subject: Re: [Leica] Postcard printing
From: RUBEN BLĘDEL <ruben@rhodos.dk>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 21:03:02 +0100

As I dont live in the US i can not recommend a printer, but I can
recommend a good printing technique for a card
Print the postcard in duplex
Dont use the printers standard black but use pantone black
As second duplex colour use Pantone warm grey 5-7 but ask the printer to
mix the grey with orange were it says it should be mixed with red in the
formula.
Then have the duplex curve adjustet to you taste (agressive - flat -
shadow detail etc.)
If you are afraid that the picture becomes to warm you can mix a little
cool grey in the second duplex colour, but one thing is for sure- you
get a lot more dept and tonality into the picture printing duplex rather
then just single black - hope it makes sense
Ruben