Subject: Re: [Leica] A Grudging Concession to Digital, Made With Regret
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:21:44 -0500

I'm still happy with my Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II (a 2820 dpi film
scanner), which has been superceded by models III and IV.  They represent
good value in scanners, costing in the low hundreds of dollars.  Even the
higher end Minolta 5400 still only costs a bit over $1,000 in Canadian
dollars.  I would expect any of these scanners to be significantly
superiour to flat bed scanners with film adaptors, at least for 35mm film.

And my printer is an Epson 1270 (can print up to 13" wide), also a few
years old. It should last another few if I'm lucky.

Not state of the art, but they produce very nice results.  They make it
very difficult for me to work in traditional darkrooms anymore, without the
need to spend "$12,000 every six months to upgrade my scanner and printer
just to stay current".

- -dan c.

Replies: Reply from Matthew Powell <mlpowell@sbcglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] A Grudging Concession to Digital, Made With Regret)
Message from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> ([Leica] A Grudging Concession to Digital, Made With Regret)