Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Printing costs
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:53:18 -0700

My problem is that most of stuff ends up projected (1.5m x 2m and
largely to scare BD away) and digital is just not there yet AFAIK. It
would be great to be able to do no-cost editing. Hell I would sell my
first born (cheap and you would know why if you have ever had a 17 yr
old daughter) to be able to do so. Later today I am picking up 34 rolls
of slides (1224 images) and will probably only end up projecting a
couple of hundred or so (if I am lucky but most of it is family stuff
and I am not allowed to throw away as much as I would like -- again to
scare BD away).

I also do not develop my personal work right away. I like to wait
anywhere from a few months to a year so that I am emotionally detached
from the images. I find it is easier to edit this way as you are seeing
the image fresh and your memories do not colour your judgment. Weird I
will admit but it works for me. I would need a great many large memory
cards to do this if I went digital. Handy maybe; cheaper, I am not so
sure...

John Collier

Replies: Reply from sam <sam@osheaven.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Printing costs)
Message from sam <sam@osheaven.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Printing costs)