Subject: [Leica] PAW 8 and 9 dlridings
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:50:10 +0100 (MET)

After over 10 days on the road, ...

I know that I thought it felt strange when my mother remarried a few years
after my father passed away ... and I was 50.

Her mother just got married, not to her father:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/8.html

When I finally got home, I walked smack, dab into the middle of the
national championships in synchronized skating ... and I was the official
photographer. I'm finally lifting my head after editing through 1000
frames (damn digital, it would only have been 72 if I had used film).

It was electrifying. The rink was full of hundreds of skaters, nerves on
end, doing anything they could to prepare. Some practice their
formations:

http://folk.uio.no/danielr/sm/04v09-0002.jpg

Some danced:

http://folk.uio.no/danielr/sm/04v09-0005.jpg
http://folk.uio.no/danielr/sm/04v09-0006.jpg

Some fixed their makeup:

http://folk.uio.no/danielr/sm/04v09-0004.jpg

Some dared to look at the ice:

http://folk.uio.no/danielr/sm/04v09-0003.jpg

But before the weekend was over, she would be accepting the prize as one
of the top teams in the country (the PAW):

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/9.html

For the true glutton for punishment, the skating shots are at:

http://www.dlridings.com/team (under SM)

The Swedish seniors team has been world champions 3 times out of the last
four years. They will be defending the title in April. It turns out that
despite the fact that they have their own photographer, they've turned to
me for shots to have in their hand-out folder that they will be printing
up to take with them to the championships. Felt good.

Tired, beat, ... home (=in Scandinavia) for two weeks and then they next
stress period begins until the middle of April. Africa again.

Best, criticize all you want.

Daniel Ridings

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> ([Leica] epson3200 scanner question)
Reply from "Jim McIntyre" <mcintyre@ca.inter.net> (Re: [Leica] PAW 8 and 9 dlridings)