Subject: Re: [Leica] Steve Gandy's update on the digital bessa
From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:36:41 -0600

I know it's way to early to argue prices, but I remember the Canon D60, Fuji
S2 selling at $2600 when it was first released. They had no problem selling,
the S2 is still hard to get today even though the price has dropped to
$1799. I don't think $2700 is too much, cause you know the RD-1 will go
through some early updates/changes, then 1 year later drop a few hundred
bucks. I would spend the extra $$$ on it instead of a D2 just to get
interchangeable lenses. My 125/2.5 Hektor could get some use. :)

I'm puzzled about the framelines though. Epson says framelines of 28,35,50.
Are these going to be special digital lenses? If I put a 28mm VC on it, it
will be a 42mm lens. How will that finder work?

SD card too, way to go. We'll be able to use Epson and Leica cameras without
getting different media!

Chris
New Orleans