Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW and conflicted with PhotoShop
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:08:10 -0600

Wait, stop, whoa! Don't pitch in your computer just yet...I think you're
only a few 'dabs' away from being on target with the retouching. By
'dabbing' I mean that rather than using a swipe or a paint stroke to
cover an area, do it in small little sections...imagine using your brush
in an up and down motion moving only ever so much each time like the
pointilst painters might have done. That way your changes are less
obvious.

I can't fathom why one screen made your work appear so washed out and
the other did not but I can tell you that when I do my work for my web
site I make sure it looks good on my screen and forget it. It would take
a lifetime plus to ensure that my work looks good on every monitor..and
that's just not possible. If someone likes my work and wants to see more
I always encourage them to set an appointment and come by to see the
real thing...that gets around the monitor situation for good!

Back to Photoshop...an excellent, excellent book that I highly recommend
is The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers by Kelby. If I could
have only one Photoshop book in my library it would be this one. It will
answer lots of your questions.

Lea