Subject: [Leica] The last word on Starbucks - Ha Ha!
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Apr 21 14:38:00 2004

At 09:39 PM 4/21/04 +0100, Peter Dzwig wrote:
>BUT.... the following thought occurred. It seems that just about everyone
knows
>where their local branch of Starbucks is. So how about LUGers go down to
their
>local Starbucks with their Leicas, digital or real ;-), and take photos of
what
>they find there and we each post our favourite one, together with location
>(town,state/country). With the wide geographical diversity of location of
>LUGers; their styles of photography and so on it should be really
interesting.
>Sort of HCB meets The Family of Man.

First, most, if not all, Starbucks do not allow photography.  This has come
up here before.

Second, many, if not most of us, do not live near a Starbucks.  There is a
single Starbucks within sixty miles (95km) of my house and the nearest one
after that is almost 200 miles (325km) away.  Why drive so far to be told
that you are not allowed to take a picture?

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!