Subject: [Leica] Speaking of color and BW/music
From: mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell)
Date: Fri May 7 20:58:43 2004

On May 7, 2004, at 10:31 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:
> like music.... often the original piano score painted the backbone and
> soul of the music.... when the orchestral version was done it added
> color, but sadly the outcome showed that....often more was less.....
> Steve
Updating for the post-punk/hip-hop generations.

  "B&W is like the self-titled Velvet Underground, color is more like
White Light/White Heat." Or "B&W is like Reasonable Doubt, color is
closer to The Blueprint."

And, as with the albums, I like color and B&W, and use both for what
they can give me. 'Color as form' as someone mentioned, is the key.
Recognizing that if you're not careful color will outweigh everything
else in the photo and working with that is difficult but can be
rewarding.

Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Speaking of color and BW)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Speaking of color and BW/music)