Subject: [Leica] Did a Single Photograph or Two Stop the War In Viet Nam?
From: mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell)
Date: Mon May 10 23:20:28 2004

On May 10, 2004, at 10:23 PM, Marc James Small wrote:
> I am sorry to add to your repiratory ailments, but read the Gallup and
> Harris polls in 1974 and 1975:  there was a positive and decided
> majoirty
> in favor of "winning" the Viet-Nam War, whatever that meant;.

That's odd. In 1969, only a quarter of respondents selected the
equivalent of "winning" in "whatever" ways were necessary.
http://faculty.smu.edu/dsimon/Ch-Viet4tab.html

Various other places online point to 1971-era polls with 50% of
respondents saying the war was morally wrong/indefensible (though
Google turns up precious little straight polling data, these are in
line with everything I've read over the years).

I can't imagine why public support climbed, in any way, over the
intervening four years. Do you happen to know if this other
Gallup/Harris data is online anywhere?

Message from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Did a Single Photograph or Two Stop the War In Viet Nam?)