Subject: [Leica] are you horizontal, vertical, or mixed?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon May 17 18:20:22 2004

> is to put a sticker on the back of your camera saying "Is it
> vertical?"  Most of the photos sold for stock are vertical - think of
> magazine covers.
>
> Tina
>

> Tina Manley, ASMP
> www.tinamanley.com

I shot a fashion issue for a local paper all horizontals with my new at the
time 50mm 1.4 Nikkor on an FE2 which I think was also brand new. I guess
about 15 years ago or before AF came out at least for me. It was interesting
forcing myself to not shoot verticals but freezing my wrists. I'd normally
shoot mostly verticals with an 85 or 105. I figured shooting horizons with
the 50 was about the same. But more environmental.
I turned in all 11x14 prints. Needless to say they didn?t run that big but
at least they didn?t crop them.
I was under the false impression at the time that the lens I was using with
it's optical formula had some history.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon