Subject: [Leica] Hey, Did I Call YOU a Republican?
From: crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts)
Date: Thu May 20 18:55:02 2004

>B.D. observed: "It's going to be a lonnnnnng five months til November. ..."

Indeed, but it won't end then.  How do I know?  Well, as a journalist in
D.C., I am privy to a measure of "inside" political information.  Without
naming names (I wish to protect my sources), I will share the following
knowledge:

Democrats/Republicans are intent upon bringing our country down in economic
ruin.

Democrats/Republicans are dooming this country to continued, ruinous loss
of prestige overseas.

Democrats/Republicans are playing into the hands of our enemies.

Democrats/Republicans are creating new enemies and alienating our friends.

The election of John Kerry/George Bush this November will cause domestic
and international chaos.

The election of John Kerry/George Bush will usher in an era of
unprecedented terrorism domestically and abroad.

The election of John Kerry/George Bush will be absolutely the worst thing
that can ever happen to the United State of America!

The election of John Kerry/George Bush will guarantee continued unsettled
relations with France.

I like to take pictures of pretty and interesting things with my Leica (and
Rollei) and prattle pointlessly about these little machines because these
harmless activites provide a welcome respite from the maddening cacaphony
of uninformed and unthinking political rhetoric. In this venue, I'm much
more interested in opinions on Delta 400 vs. Tri-X than snipes about
conservatives vs. liberals.

So, does anybody else have an M-sized Olympus OM as his/her "second" 35mm
camera?

Craig
Washington, DC

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Hey, Did I Call YOU a Republican?)