Subject: [Leica] (w/o HTML ) Hey, Did I Call YOU a Republican?
From: kitmc at acmefoto.com (Kit McChesney)
Date: Fri May 21 16:35:26 2004

Adam--

You're right! Dufuses! :)

Kit
-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+kitmc=acmefoto.com@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+kitmc=acmefoto.com@leica-users.org] On Behalf Of Adam
Bridge
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 4:24 PM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] (w/o HTML ) Hey, Did I Call YOU a Republican?

On Friday, May 21, 2004 Dan Post thoughtfully wrote:

>1- Guard the borders
>2- Deliver the mail
>3- and stay the Hell out of my business

Clearly you missed a few important words from the Framers about the function
and
purpose of the government of the United States:

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union,
establish  justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common
defense,
promote  the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to
ourselves
and our  posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United
States  of America. "

I keep going back to this in my own understanding of government and finding
that
it continually informs me.

For Kit and the problems with the Electoral College, I'd like to observe
that
the United States IS a representative democratic republic DESIGNED to deal
with
the tryanny of the majority. If you want to carp about hanging chads in
Florida
then you need to take that up with the dufuses that run their elections
system.
We COULD have elected by county in which case the outcome would never have
been
in doubt.

Adam Bridge