Subject: [Leica] Canadian wanabee
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat May 22 09:18:55 2004

Keith R. Wessel asked:

> Ted,
>
> There once was a time (when I was in HS and the US was bombing Cambodia,
> Viet Nam, etc) that I said  I was not proud to be an American (OKAY that
> meant a person from the USA).  I feel better (with major qualification)
> about that now.  Nonetheless, I have been spending time in Canada since
the
> early sixties.  Last fall, my father and I purchased a couple acres in
your
> fine country.  I keep asking my friends in Canada, can I call myself a
> Canadian now?

Keith,
Well OK, eh! ;-) Yer a Hoser now! :-)

However there are a couple of very important things we don't usually let
"new Canadians" know about until they're settled here for a bit. And that
is, "you must use pure Canadian Maple Syrup on pancakes or at other times
where syrup is required, like on ice cream or other good things. ;-)

And if you like beer it's essential you drink good Canadian beer and have it
on hand for any visiting Hoser's who may drop by your acreage.! ;-)

Apart from that, always say, "Thank you!" And hold the door for a lady. ;-)

See things as "There are no problems... Only solutions!" Even with
compromise. And without question. "NO isn't an acceptable answer to solving
anything as there's always a solution!"   Now that's generally being a
Canadian. ;-)

Glad to have you aboard.:-)  So where's your acres, like what Province?

> PS: I promise to keep taking pictures in this wonderful place using German
> equipment (perhaps even a Canadian mgf lens as well).<<<<<<

Well OK eh. Certainly with the Canadian designed and made Leica lenses,
after all we did make the Noctilux and a couple of other beauties in the
"Black Forest" of Ontario, like in Midland.. :-)

ted

Message from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] BRITISH and CANADIANS!)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] BRITISH and CANADIANS!)
Message from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] BRITISH and CANADIANS!)