Subject: [Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens
From: leicaman at sympatico.ca (Dan Cardish)
Date: Thu May 27 17:58:53 2004

Ted, I can't believe that any working pro would worry about the differences
between the old summilux and the new one, regardless of how much better the
new one may be.   I'm certain that there are many owners of the old lens
besides myself who can attest to the fact that it is perfectly capable of
delivering professional results.

I figure the only people who really care about the differences are anal
retentive types such as myself who occasionally photograph newspapers stuck
on the wall.   Yes, at one time I may have been guilty of that....

oh, in case this isn't obvious, I think I agree with you!   :)

-dan c.

ps.....my lens says "Ernst Leitz" on it...I bet the new one won't!  That's
got to be worth something!   ;-)

At 02:26 PM 27-05-04 -0700, Ted Grant wrote:
>Hi Dan,
>In my case the hesitancy of jumping to buy a new Leica lens has more to do
>with, in this case , the Noctilux captures every damn bit of light image I'm
>satisfied with. It's never failed me,capturing amazing moments under the
>severest of lighting conditions one can imagine.

[snip]

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens)
Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] collapsible Summicron)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens)