Subject: [Leica] This here fancy 50
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu May 27 23:28:16 2004

> But as for me...  I want this here fancy 50, I want it bad.  I make no
> claim of rationality;

Here's the way I see it. I've purchased two fifties since 1973: Summicron
(1973) and 50/1.8 Nikkor (2003, plastic, made in China ... fantastic
lens).

I actually have been toying with the idea of upgrading my 50 for the
Leica, for no other real reason than I sometimes find myself wanting a 50
on both bodies (b/w in one color in another). I haven't been loosing any
sleep over it though. Picked up a bargain (150 USD) F90x to keep the
Nikkor warm in the meantime.

I doubt seriously that I'll fork out for this one (on the other hand, I
probably will or I wouldn't even be thinking about it. I don't think about
buying equipment very often). Hope one of you guys (with a good 50) do ...
I'll be there to help you ditch the dog you have now :)

I like to see 50'ies come back into the forefront. I've never liked zooms
and didn't like the idea of calling them "standards".

I've only I had framelines for the 40mm Summicron ...

Daniel

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] This here fancy 50)
Message from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] This here fancy 50)