Subject: [Leica] Lack of horror for the week
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Wed Jun 2 07:37:26 2004

Ted

To be absolutely correct, you are an American, just like any Mexican, and
All South Americans are.  The reference of America/American has been mis
used for the last 200 + years.  Those of us that are generally referred to
as the Americans are to be properly to be called United States citizens,
who are also Americans.  Americans are anyone who is native/citizens to any
of the countries on the 2 American Continents.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>                 |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           06/01/2004 06:05 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Leica] Lack of horror for the week                                 |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Tina Manley suggested:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Lack of horror for the week

 > Find a local charity that does work that you believe in and follow them
> around using your Leicas. <<<<<,

Hi Tina,
An excellent suggestion and I'd add give some prints to the people and
you'll be amazed how much better that simple little act of giving will
beget
you many smiles. And without question a nice feel good within yourself.

>>Avoid reading any LUG messages with Susan Sontag
> in the subject line.  You will regain your faith in humanity.<<<<<

I've been in "tongue bite mode" since this Sontag thing began simply
because
I'm not an American National!  And as much as I wanted to respond on a few
of them I thought it much better to keep quiet. It's not my country, people
nor Government.

However, one comment. I can't believe some of what I've read when it comes
to "Do onto others as you'd have them do unto you!" :-(

ted