Subject: [Leica] New Noct images - A walk in the woods
From: Teresa299 at aol.com (Teresa299@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jun 26 13:32:58 2004

In a message dated 6/26/04 12:24:10 PM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< But as I've also  said repeatedly, it's just my opinion - and I'm as
entitled to express it as all the folks who eeaxpress their opinion that
the Noctilux is the greatest piece of optical glass in which they've
ever invested. (And believe me, reading that over and over - and looking
at uninspiring snapshots taken with the $2500 lens, is a boring to me as
my comments are to them. ;-) )

B. D. >>

I don't know that even a significant minority of the list even owns a nocti
much less think it's the best piece of glass they've owned.  The nocti in my
book has 2 very cool features to it.  For one I can capture images that I
might
not be able to otherwise.
Secondly, the nocti has a certain optical signature to it that I appreciate.

It fits with some of the work I try to do.  Obviously, the resulting images
shot wide open on a Nocti make you nauseous and somewhat more than
irritable.
I know this because even though I don't check out all the posted images and
ensuing discussions, I do recall MANY instances of your dislike for the
bokeh
pattern of the lens.  I can pretty much count that if someone posts a wide
open
nocti shot there's going to be a nauselux reply from you.  Of course you're
entitled to your opinion but at this point maybe a critique of the photo
(other
than the content) could be reduced to NAUSEATING Bokeh with a URL LINK to
one
of your hundreds of previous comments about it's disturbing bokeh pattern.
: )

As to that comment about uninspiring snapshots produced with expensive gear,
let's not EVEN go there.  I think it's a can of worms the LUG (or pretty
much
any camera gear) list might be best to avoid..... ; )

Kim

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] New Noct images - A walk in the woods)
Reply from leicaman at sympatico.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] test - no content)
Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] New Noct images - A walk in the woods)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Noctilux defence - How dare you, B.D.!!)