Subject: Nathan's Canon (WAS: [Leica] PAWS 27 and 28)
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Jul 20 07:06:22 2004

> I cannot agree! We must distinguish between the so called APS sensor
> format -EOS Rebel, Nikon D70 and in a lesser degree the EOS 1D mkII "and"
> future Leica R digital back (cropping factor 1:1.3)-. where every lens
> gives
> the best of himself as only the center of the image is used and the full
> format where the problem of the angle of incidence may produce bigger
> distortion and chromatic aberration and fringing that in the film.

BUT ... BUT ... the workflow of handling digital information in the camera
(the software) involves turning it ALL to mush before the sharpening
software kicks back in and recreates a sharp image. So if you had a Leica
lens or a Tamron ... they both get turned to mush along the way and then
sharpened up again. Makes no difference which ones you used. But it DOES
matter if you have some good software in your camera.

We ALL know that Leica has always been at the bleeding edge of
technological advances, so I'm sure their software will be the best ever.
:)

Daniel

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) (Nathan's Canon (WAS: [Leica] PAWS 27 and 28))