Subject: [Leica] In Your Experience Walt
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (buzz.hausner@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jul 30 10:11:18 2004

In an earlier post on a prior thread, I described negative encounters I have
had with authority figures throughout Europe, Africa, the Middle East and
the USA, all while simply exercizing my right to take pictures.  These
encounters stretch back across nearly forty years and have been no more
common since September 11, 2001.  It happens all the time...it has happened
frequently in the four decades of my photographic experience.  It is nothing
new and I feel no more loss of rights than I felt as a kid getting run in by
New York City Transit Cops in 1963.  I have always been able to talk,
cajole, threaten or bribe my way out of these encounters.

I think that professional photographers and reporters from other media would
tell you that a quasi-adversarial relationship has always existed between us
and authority figures.  I know indignation feels great, especially righteous
indignation, however, I believe this is nothing to get particularly worked
up over at this selected moment.

Buzz Hausner