Subject: [Leica] Re: contax guessing game...
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Thu Sep 16 08:56:49 2004

Back to the Zeiss Puzzle.
I think this is what the question of colour cast is about.  A Kyocera
development

Images with a fine array of gradations
The high-speed processor of the image processing system, RTUNE, consists
of an analog front end and a digital processor. It first adjusts the RGB
color balance of the analog data received in the CCD at the analog front
end, and then converts it to a digital signal (A/D conversion).
The A/D conversion process provides 16-bit internal conversion of the
data and sends it as 12-bit digital data to the next digital processor.
The digital processor that receives the digital data produces the final
image data and outputs it at high speed, creating low-noise digital
data. By drastically reducing a wide range of noise generated in the
digital images, it is possible to reproduce natural color and a fine
array of gradations.
see also    http://americas.kyocera.com/news/news_detail.cfm?key=849

As to what lens and camera is displayed, in conjunction with the above
1) It must be digital

2) It's got a lever on it - frame changer ?

3) It's not leather covered

4) It's not an SLR

I thought  it might be an RD-1 disguised as a Rollei and with  the
RTUNE  processor described above but this wouldn't
explain the lever ( the RD-1 ain't got one, neither has the Hassy XP nor
the Contax G1 or 2). So who is producing a body
with this feature ? (excepting Leica).  Zeiss works with Kyocera
(Contax/Yashica) ALPA, Hasselblad and Rollei - which of them is
brave enough, or on such a good financial footing, to bring out a
classic digital rangefinder camera?

I'll go out on a limb and say Contax/Yashica Digital G with a Leica M
lens  mount  (for the Rollei lenses they can't sell)And a full
frame sensor from the Contax N Digital, in order to recoup their losses
on this flop.

Douglas

Message from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] RE: contax guessing game...)
Message from director at ubi.edu (Lucien) ([Leica] Re: contax guessing game...)