Subject: [Leica] All bets are off
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Sep 17 21:07:59 2004

Hi Doug,
The R8 finder is fantastic, one of the three reasons to buy it. As a
mechanical engineer I love beautifully made mechanical things. I used
to be concerned about electronics and batteries. The fact is that
electronics have shown themselves to be considerably more reliable and
cheap than mechanical equivalents and carrying a battery is hardly a
chore. I own SL2, R6 and R8. The R8 is the best by miles.
Frank