Subject: [Leica] RE: Added new photograph to LUG gallery
From: TNachazel at air.org (Nachazel, Thomas)
Date: Sat Sep 25 15:46:48 2004

Jim Hemenway wrote:

Steve:
I think that they're all great, but my favorite is "newly-weds on Pont
des Arts", what a nice catch!

I'm a sucker for "Mt St Michel" photographs, and would love to be able
to shoot it with my 11x14 and the 18mm on an R8.
Jim

Phong wrote:
>>Steve Unsworth
>>As the title says. I took this two weeks ago in Arles in Southern
>>http://gallery.leica-users.org/Misc/bulls
>
> And as Asterix would say, ils sont fous ces artesiens.
> I like this addition to an already very impressive galery.
> Not sure which is my favorite, but this one gives me
> a smile every time :
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Misc/Women_with_parrots
> :-)
>
> Thanks for posting
>
> -Phong

Hi, I'm new on the list--a "want to be" Leica owner (currently using Nikon).

Steve, I really like "newly-weds on Pont des Arts" too. And I also like
"couple in a bar--Montpelier" and the running of the bulls picture.

I was curious about the lenses used, particularly in "newly-weds" and
"couple in a bar." The out-of-focus rendition seems slightly different in
these two.

Is there a slight doubling of the "arm" of the light pole in the very back
of the newlywed picture? I don't notice the same doubling in the background
of the 'couple in bar' picture.

But then again, the doubling I think I notice in the newlyweds picture may
have nothing to do with the lens and everything to do with panning the
camera to keep up with the movement of the newlyweds.

Anyway, really nice shots.

Tom

Replies: Reply from mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] RE: Added new photograph to LUG gallery)