Subject: [Leica] Leica donation to students - TO BOB COLE
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Sep 26 13:08:36 2004

Bob,

Not shure about that. What do you mean with "important people"? They might
be prominent, but they don't know more about photography than I know about
growing bananas in Alaska.

With gun-press-prominents as key visual, you don't sell one more Leica
camera neither to the particular niche customers like we LUGers are, nor to
retired lawyers and dentists, nor to anyone else...

Leica's image is different. Leica stands for mechanical and optical
perfection, constancy of a standard, life-long quality, and not for
something short-dated like show-biz oder sports.

Leica is not a status symbol. It's a myth. And a brillant tool for those
who know how to appreciate it.

Leica ad campaigns should focus on great photographs. Outstanding,
full-page-sized, black & white photographs, with a little red dot in the
corner.

Didier

Replies: Reply from leicagalpal at earthlink.net (Kit McChesney) ([Leica] Leica donation to students - TO BOB COLE)