Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica donation to students
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sun Sep 26 17:58:13 2004

Unless something has changed, Harvard undergrad is "need
blind." They admit a class a students and figure out the finances
later - luxury of a giant endowment, I guess.  They make
an assessment of how much each student and his/her parents
can pay by examining tax returns, and then arrange to make
up the difference with loans (with some cap, was $10K/year
or so in the '80s) and then outright grants.  One works on
campus for spending money.

So no one should not attend Harvard undergrad for lack of funds.
Nice institution that way.

Scott

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] RE: Leica donation to students)
Message from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] RE: Leica donation to students)