Subject: [Leica] The Times Have Changed
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Oct 5 08:43:50 2004

The more I read about this more I feel that Sacramento is one of the
great havens. I have had ZERO problems carrying my gear through either
terminal at Sacramento: M's, R's, telephoto it doesn't even draw a
comment although often they look at my bag a little longer and a
couple of times the screener at the X-Ray machine used called over
what I think was a trainee to show something (I say that because the
body language and facial expression suggested that teaching was
happening.) And I've not had a bad experience at Sky Harbor in Phoenix
either.

The eastern US seems different, however. Just after 9/11 I had to fly
to the East and on that trip I had a security agent look through my M
to make sure it was a camera. But I had a lot of time and there was no
one in line behind me so I took the time to show her how it worked.
She seemed nice, was a little defensive at first, but I showed the way
to tell a range finder camera.

I now never go to a security gate with film in my camera just in case
I might need to demonstrate that it does, indeed, have all the parts.

Adam