Subject: [Leica] The Times Have Changed
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Oct 3 20:13:09 2004

Leo offered:
>>I went through an airport last week and they had me take the lenscap
>>off of my noctilux so they could look through the lens of the M7.
>>Didn't bother to explain that it didn't work that way.<<<<<<<<

Scary part about this is that we entrust our lives to these same people to
keep us safe in the air! :-(

I had a similar thing happen in Vancouver a year ago with an M7!. And
neither did I say anything at first simply because, I figured they'd want to
take the camera apart to make sure it was a camera. Along with  the same
person telling me to "turn the camera on so she could look at the screen."

OOPS!  "This camera doesn't have a screen." says I.  "Then what's behind
this little door if there isn't a screen?".she says.:-(

"Film!" says I. "And I can't open it or I'll spoil my pictures and the roll
isn't finished yet."  "Just a minute." says she.

And off she goes for the chief guy and as they return he says... . "What's
the problem here that you can't turn the camera on and show the screen?"
says the missing link of human kind.  "It's not an electronic digital camera
because it uses film and there's nothing to turn on. But you can look
through the view finder and see it's OK without spoiling the film." says I.

Neanderthal man takes camera looks through view finder and says, "OK that's
fine. have a good flight."
At this point you keep your teeth clenched, sort of smile and move on.

Security eh? Well OK if you say so.

ted

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] The Times Have Changed)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] The Times Have Changed)