Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Oct 6 20:50:11 2004

Simon,

I understand that you are speaking from a pilot perspective, but the
airlines and Boeing/Airbus are presumably aware of what the average load
per passenger is configure the planes accordingly.

Also, funny enough, I have NEVER seen any flight crew object to
passengers carrying bags with lots of bottles from the tax-free
shop--surely that must add just as much to the load of the plane as
Tina's extra cameras, but of course if the airlines clamped down on
THAT, then the airports would get quite upset, wouldn't they?

I suspect that the hand luggage limits have at least as much to do with
the economic need to get people on and off the plane quickly so that it
can be turned around and be in the air again as fast as possible.

Nathan
(about 50 round trip flights from Schiphol during past year)

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)
Message from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)