Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Wed Oct 6 01:03:06 2004

> At 05:57 PM 10/5/2004, you wrote:
>
>>Is this a real national rule or is it per airline does anybody know?
>
> Actually what the rule (passed through the influence of ASMP) says is that
> you can take an extra carry-on photo bag through security.  It doesn't say
> anything about getting it on to the plane.  That is up to the individual
> carrier and, ultimately, up to the last person you see before you get on
> the plane.  I've had them take my extra bag away at the door many times.
> At least that bag I know I will claim at the door of the airplane when I
> leave.  Checked luggage you may never see again.  What I do is carry a
> roll-on Tamrac photo bag and a LowePro backpack.  If they demand that I
> give them one bag, it's the roll-on which is well-padded enough to stand a
> drop from the conveyor belt without too much damage.  I take the TSA
> approved locks and lock it before they take it.
>
> Check the airline's web site for weights and sizes.  They vary for each
> airline.  Usually, the bag that you put overhead can weigh only 28 pounds.
> I've gotten very good at lifting heavy bags as if they weigh nothing.
> Workouts at the gym help a lot.
>
> If you are female, you can carry an extra (3rd) bag and call it a purse.
> What I do is wear a vest and a waist pack and stuff them so full that I
> can barely close the seat belt around me.
>
> Getting there is no fun anymore.  Have fun anyway, but don't joke with the
> security people!
>
> Tina
And don,t worry what will happen to you in an overloaded plane when a
seagull decides to go sightseeing in an engine during your takeoff.
Many airlines will prosecute if they catch you cheating like that.And will
ban you from flying with them again.

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane)