Subject: [Leica] Posting etiquette
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Oct 7 12:01:43 2004

When you reply to someone else's email message, make sure that your reply
does not include the entire contents of theirs. If you must quote something,
quote only the part to which you are referring.

The LUG recently has carried hundreds of messages that are a 3-line response
followed by the 50-line text of the message to which it is a response.

The Mailman software that I am using for the LUG does not currently give me
the ability to filter messages on the basis of their content. However, it
*does* give me the ability to selectively require that certain persons'
postings be approved by me before they go out.

I am going to start using this feature, marking the worst offenders so that
their postings must get past me before they go out. If you have posted
something, and it didn't appear, think about whether it was either a flame
or a needless quote.

Brian Reid
Saloonkeeper