Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Oct 7 18:13:41 2004

At 06:58 PM 10/7/2004, you wrote:
>How about taking batteries in your hand luggage? Is this OK? Is there a
>limit to the number of batteries one can take? I know some types of
>batteries (like lithium D cells) must not be taken on aircraft, but what
>about CR123 or lithium AA cells? This has been a source of a lot of
>speculation on another list I'm on, and  no one seems to know the rules.

Twice I have had security refuse to allow me to carry batteries in my
carry-on luggage.  I had to go back to the airline desk, request a box, and
check them.  Now I pack all spare batteries in my checked luggage.  They
won't be harmed by the luggage x-rays or by rough handling.  You just have
to worry if they are stolen or lost. ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane/batteries)