Subject: [Leica] More about the 75mm
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Sat Oct 9 17:22:51 2004

I find from a general picture taking point of view, and disregarding any
special "look" of the 75, that it is a bit too long to be used as a general
purpose take everywhere with you lens (and also a bit too heavy), while it
isn't long enough to be considered a "telephoto".   Portraits are more
comfortably done with the 90, in spite of the smallish viewfinder.

As someone else may have mentioned, the only things really going for the 75
are it's high speed, useful for reportage, and it's unique look.   For this
reason I don't see any value in a slower 75/2.8 or whatever.   The look
will likely be gone, and there's no speed advantage.

-dan c.