Subject: [Leica] Re: Don's PAW You did want images taken with the 75Summiluxdidn't you?
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Oct 10 04:56:55 2004

Richard:

>Here we are
>discussing whether to focus on the far or near eye where autofocus cameras
>use 6 googelplex of focus points and blast away! Are we Leicaphiles doom to
>play with F1.4/F2 to have thin narrow DOF and miss out the fun of blasting
>away with F2.8/3.5 and fill flash?

My auto-everything-including-the-kitchen-sink SLR allows me to manually
select a focus point.  It's very easy to get thin DOF and exacting focus on
the eye of your choice.  In fact, I can focus and then make the exposure, as
opposed to focus, recompose, and then make it.  I wish I could reposition
the rangefinder in my M6 at times so I didn't have to recompose.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Message from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] Don's PAW You did want images taken with the 75Summiluxdidn't you?)