Subject: [Leica] FBI disrupts 20 Indymedia web sites hosted in England
From: mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell)
Date: Tue Oct 12 18:11:53 2004

On Oct 12, 2004, at 7:38 PM, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
> That's on par with the undercover agent in Seattle who left his cell
> phone
> behind, so to say. In it were all the phone numbers and names from the
> Seattle PD, along with out of towners, i.e. feds, etc.
> Indymedia posted all the numbers and names on the internet. It was
> certainly
> a shameful display of unprofessional journalism and a lack of
> constraint.
> S. Dimitrov

I don't pay much attention to Indymedia, but I suspect this is because
they don't consider themselves a 'professional journalism' outlet,
leaning much more toward the activist end of the spectrum.

An easy solution in this case would be for local PD and the feds not to
infiltrate anti-globalization and anti-war groups.

MP

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] FBI disrupts 20 Indymedia web sites hosted in England)