Subject: [Leica] Genuine Fractals-any good?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Oct 14 09:04:43 2004

I've done some work with them - and found that you can get some
interesting effects by first duplicating to a new layer, THEN applying
the filter to that layer, duplicating that and doing something like a
high-pass filter and combining the two layers with something like the
multiply mode then playing with the opacity of the two layers over the
original image. Using the texture effects you can get some subtle
effects. I did a photo of a swim meet this way and got a lot of
comments about it - people thought it looked like a photo-realistic
painting instead of a photograph which is precisely what I had in
mind.

Adam

Message from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] Genuine Fractals-any good?)