Subject: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Wed Oct 20 06:19:47 2004

I do not think it is pesimistic to asume that they will be fased out pretty
soon - as said the electronics are being asempled in Asia the digital back
at Imacon in Copenhagen and the optics for the H1 are Fujis - the market is
owerflown with cheap second hand Hasselblads so there are very few customers
left that are willing to pay for a full priced Hasselblad especially as the
prices on the H1 with a digitalback is getting closer to SEK 100.000 //
13000 USD -
When I work with non digital photographers for book projects they are very
relieved that I do not demand them to deliver digital files as they are all
under very heavy presure from ad agencys etc to go digital - I think a lot
of them actually choose to retire and sell of all the equipment as they do
not have the courage to invest say 50000 USD in new tech.
On the other hand - any new photographer fresh setting up his own studio
would probably start out leasing of full digital equipment and never give
Hasselblads old film cameras a thougt.