Subject: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Oct 20 11:38:34 2004

On 10/20/04 12:01 AM, "Ruben" <ruben@rhodos.dk> typed:

> I do not think it is pesimistic to asume that they will be fased out pretty
> soon - as said the electronics are being asempled in Asia the digital back
> at Imacon in Copenhagen and the optics for the H1 are Fujis - the market is
> owerflown with cheap second hand Hasselblads so there are very few
> customers
> left that are willing to pay for a full priced Hasselblad especially as the
> prices on the H1 with a digitalback is getting closer to SEK 100.000 //
> 13000 USD -
> When I work with non digital photographers for book projects they are very
> relieved that I do not demand them to deliver digital files as they are all
> under very heavy presure from ad agencys etc to go digital - I think a lot
> of them actually choose to retire and sell of all the equipment as they do
> not have the courage to invest say 50000 USD in new tech.
> On the other hand - any new photographer fresh setting up his own studio
> would probably start out leasing of full digital equipment and never give
> Hasselblads old film cameras a thougt.

Well I've bought new Hasselblad stuff lately. A 100 mm lens for one.
And I'm the HUG the  Hasselblad list in which plenty of people but as much
new as used.

The Hasselblad V system is a classic system very much in use in the present.

This same thing gets said about the Leica M system but is un arguable market
and reality wise with Hasselblad.

I think the Hassy H digital system is obvious crap which Hassy only in name
and this is not just obvious to me but people starting out.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/