Subject: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Wed Oct 20 12:54:18 2004

Mr. Rabiner

I do not think that one can seriuosly say that the Hasselbad Digital is crap
and if your succes as a photographer is dependant on that you are able to
deliver digitale files on the fly and not 5 hours after film has been
processed you could probably get far with a H1D.

I will continue to by more Hasselblad V equipment - love to work with it -
on the other hand I often miss the info I get on my Fuji GX cameras filmback
and the Tilt/shift etc functions. I ddo not have to panic into digital as I
am my own largets customer being a publisher - but many ad agencys etc have
discovered the advantage in skipping repro work by demanding digital files.

I find very little amusement or user-enjoyment in digital equipment and love
the built qulity of well done mechanical cameras regardless of brand and
would love to think that the V system carries on for ever - but I fear that
as it is written in the article " All film based equipment is soon history"

Besides that - to make a perfect digital soloution would it not be better to
design lenses for digital purpose rather then do workarounds to make old
film-lenses work wit digital backs?

all the best

Ruben