Subject: [Leica] (thievery) [ was: new photos]
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Sun Oct 24 12:41:40 2004

Well, there are two issues:
1) Putting some sort of copyright notice etc. This should be done. I don't
know what the copyright laws actually say, but it is so easy to slap a
copyright notice on your images that IMHO, you always should. I put
www.imagecraft.com/photostudio on all of our images in the gallery. The
gallery SW supports that automagically so no work on our part after the
initial setup.

2) Someone "hotlinking" your images. The problem with that is they are
"stealing your bandwidth." If your images are small then may be it's no big
deal. Otherwise, why let them? If you run your own web server, there are
couple different voodoo magic ways of disabling people from doing that.
There is also a way to display other images when hotlinking this way.
However, I don't recommend it as it may get people upset.

use richard at imagecraft.com)