Subject: [Leica] Re: Slighty OT - Scanner Question
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Tue Oct 26 22:53:39 2004

I have had the microtek artixscan 120 tf now for two months and could give
you some feed back here

The scanwizzard programme that comes withe the scanner is not good - the
silverfast AI is great but have some serious issues with my windows xp so
lasersoft/silverfast is working to fix that right now.

The slideholders for 120 film are not to good - the negs tend to bend. I
ordered a glass holder - its a bit fidly to work with and it loves dust -
but it works - I allso ordered a secon 120 film holder that I am trying to
costumemize into a strictly 6x6 holder in order to obtain flat negs witout
glass. Panoramas are ok in 135 film but the scanner does not allow big panos
from fujis and lindhofs  6 x 17 cm so you have to stitche and the scanner
does not scan 6 x8 either ( have to work around it int the 6 x 9 mode. It is
rather noisy - sound like someone is toturing it - but I have done som
comparing scans with pictures done on a prof. drum scanner and I am
impressed with the performance of the mikrotec.