Subject: [Leica] What should a photo release look like?
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Thu Oct 28 17:44:34 2004

>I'd have them retype the Agreement with changes. If this in not
>possible for some reason than anything you cross out initial and
>have the publisher initial as well. Two originals both crossed out
>as necessary, initialed and signed.

Greg -

I disagree. With these types of things, the photographer needs to
take the initiative and write their own contract. You should modify
the publisher's. The publishers will have all sorts of sneaky things
in there (arbitration using a arbitrator chosen by the publisher;
rights in perpetuity in any media; ability to transfer rights to
other entities; holding the photograph liable for potentialities
(indeminification); etc.).

Writing your own simple contract is multitudes better than having
them write it.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura