Subject: [Leica] LHSA convention cluster bombs Part One The Beginning.
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Wed Nov 3 05:07:11 2004

I've missed something here.   I can understand why someone might not like
the ASPH correction in a lens;  I *think* it is residual spherical
aberation which is the basis for lovely "bokeh" which people get soft and
fuzzy over (or conversely might be the cause of "brittleness"), and which
is highly corrected in aspherical designs.    APO design merely reduces
chromatic aberation, which I can't see having an unintended detrimental
effect on a len's performance.

-dan c.

[snip]

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] LHSA convention cluster bombs Part One The Beginning.)