Subject: [Leica] A d/s M3 body for only US$750.00.........
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Fri Nov 5 09:33:59 2004

Hi all. A busy day on the Friday FS front.

The EXC++ d/s M3 without frame selector (s/n 748xxx - so around 1955)
as just been reduced in price from a discounted US$990 plus shipping
to US$750.00 and in condition to EXC.

The reason is that I just have noticed that the secondary image
virtually disappears in bright conditions, tho' oddly enough it's
reasonably OK in low light (which were the conditions when I first
checked it). Looking backwards through the small rangefinder window,
I can see that the mirror is 'foxed'. I suppose after 50 years it's
not surprising, but it's the first time I've come across this problem.

Judging from the UK site at:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/Leica/page10.html

re-silvering the mirror would cost the equivalent of US$240. Hence
the reduction in price to take this into account. This can probably
be done stateside by John van Stelten etc..

So if anyone wants it 'as is' at the new price, please let me know.
It's in fine shape otherwise with a bright rangefinder patch and
frames. I will be shooting pix of it this weekend and posting them on
my site around Tuesday my time.

Best

Alex
--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
        +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@iol.ie
Also: corkflor.2@virgin.net (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019