Subject: [Leica] torn out by the roots
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Nov 7 14:14:58 2004

Sonny,
I see from a later post that you did get the film out.

If you ever do this again, keep a black Kodak film holder around the
house.  Extricate the film as you did, roll it up in the black plastic
container, of course remembering to put the lid on, and take it to your
local lab.  They have a film cassette for 126 film and for running a
control strip every day.  The lab will transfer your film in a dark box
to their cassette and voila! You have your images back without too much
trouble.

If you don't currently have one of the black plastic film holders, ask
for one at your local lab, trust me, they have thousands if the teachers
haven't raided the recyclables.

Of course, this won't work with the Fuji clear ones, but works
especially well with the old aluminum ones.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com