Subject: [Leica] Lindome doldrums (boring PAWS) WAS R800 ramblings
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Nov 9 00:42:30 2004

> I admire all of you who do PAW, my biggest problem is to find interesting
> things to photograph in my neighborhood. It all seems very dull and without
> interest for others.

Kom igen Hans!

You mean you live somewhere duller than Lindome? Why we don't even have
Konsum in our center (we do down by the tracks though).

One shouldn't be blind for the things around us. My bet is that a picture
from the backyards of each and every LUG member would be interesting,
revealing. And I mean literally the backyards.

Anyone live out there in a small community in the midwest? With a small
alley running between the backyards? Probably the most mundane thing in
the world for the people seeing it every day. But I would love to see it.
Some of us live in the midwest, some in Europe, various parts of Europe,
possibly in Africa, India and South America. (Canada is part of the
midwest). We see things every day that noone else sees (and a lot probably
wouldn't want to). How about a shot from a German McDonalds ... serving
beer instead of coke? The contrast between the demolished and rebuilt and
the old buildings that survived by some capricious fate in Germany. The
difference between Wismar and L?beck ... two towns that will not strike
many residents as exciting. I'd love to see it.

How'bout a Corvette from last week?

http://www.dlridings.com/Lindome/Oktober/pages/04v44-0014.htm

(There's a couple of self-portraits disquised in the others. All with M4,
35 or 50, 400TMY @ EI 1600)

Yep, Lindome is a bore ... but Lindome rocks! :)

http://www.dlridings.com/lindome.htm

Best,
Daniel

Message from hans.pahlen at telia.com (Hans Pahlen) ([Leica] R800 ramblings)