Subject: [Leica] Re: OT:How many languages do you speak?
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Nov 9 10:37:52 2004

> I recall reading somewhere recently that Euskara is the only
> non-Indo-European language spoken in Europe.  Is that correct?

Ken,

I don't think Basque counts as an indoeuropean language. Finnish and
Hungarian certainly aren't. I'm not sure of the status of Albanian. I
suspect it is, but is in a separate family from most familiar ones.

Then you have Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Somalian, Shona in
the UK (Harare North), and a couple of dozen of others.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Re: OT:How many languages do you speak?)
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Re: OT:How many languages do you speak?)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Re: OT:How many languages do you speak?)