Subject: [Leica] Focal Point Lens / coating repair
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small <)
Date: Sat Nov 13 14:32:08 2004

At 09:55 PM 11/13/04 +0100, Didier Ludwig wrote:
>Hello,
>Does anyone know http://www.focalpointlens.com ??
>They can make new multicoatings for old lenses.
>I could get a collapsible Summicron with scratched coating; for a few bucks
>only; and was wondering if there are any LUGers  that have made experience
>with this company (which is located in Louisville Colorado).
>Thanks in advance!

Didier

It is my understanding that John now only does single coatings, not
multi-coatings.  I am not aware of any independent lab regularly offering
multi-coatings.

John is superlative.  He is the finest lens technician with whom I have
ever dealt -- Steve Grimes, the late and most lamented, was a rival but, in
the end, John now rules supreme.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!